Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Super Secret!

When my wife and I decided to enter the lifestyle jointly We sat down and had a very long talk. Actually, it was an iteration of talks, more like negotiations than anything else. There are things that I am into that she isn't, and there are things that she is into, that are not up my alley. It doesn't mean that they can't happen, it is just something that We have to balance.

Having two Dominants running a House requires clear and concise conversation between Us. Words can't have connotation, they can only have meaning. What I say is what I mean, and what I mean is what I say. Even more so, if I can not communicate with my fellow Dominant then how can I expect to communicate with an s-type? While it may work, the expectation is that I should be able to communicate and leave the ego at the door if needs be.

One of the upsides of Going with a formal House, is that We developed "The Manual". (insert eerie music). It is the structure and basis for what We do. It holds Our expectations for s-types, and even what s-types can expect from Us. Any expectations that an s-type may have outside of those expectations needs to be clearly communicated. If they don't say there is an issue then how can We resolve it? But the most important part of "The Manual" is that it is a guideline. It sets down the basis for the D/s dynamic as We see it. As each s-type relationship develops there may be slight changes to that specific s-types training or expectations, based on their strength and weaknesses.

"The Manual" is by no means set in stone. As Our goals change, or We develop new methodologies or interests "The Manual" will change as well. My co-Dominant has put many hours into refining "The Manual", not because it gets her off, or it is her responsibility, but because that is the time allocation. We each have responsibilities and tasks to complete, just like anyone else. The division of labor is such that maintaining "The Manual" fell under Her purview, plus it is right sexy to see Her working on it! Damn but I love me some intelligent women exercising their brains!

This is part of the secret to Our success. Before advertising, or going out looking for an s-type, We developed Our model. We set it down, We communicated between Us. So that there would be a good understanding and idea of what We wanted. Has it worked Out that way? Not always. But We do have the ideal of what We want!

Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment